“Personal Information” is information about an identifiable individual, such as your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information, birth date and gender.
“Non-Personal Information” is information that is typically collected, used or disclosed by us in a manner that it not identifiable to an individual (except where indicated herein), such as an Internet Protocol Address (IP Address), the domain used to access the Website, the type and version of browser or operating system being used by visitors to the Website, and aggregate information, such as demographic statistics of our users (e.g. average age or geographical allocation of our users), number of visitors, what pages users access or visit, and average time spent on the Website.
We provide information below about our handling of such information in the interest of providing transparency with respect to the operation of the Website. However, any and all information may or may not be subject to privacy laws nor is it intended to provide absolute assurance or guarantees any protection of your Personal Information:
What type of Personal Information does Maplex Naturals Inc. collect and how is it used?
MapleX Naturals Inc collects information that helps us process your purchases and personalize and improve your shopping experience. Here are examples of the types of information that we gather:
- Registration: In order to make purchases through the Website, you must register for an account and provide certain Personal Information to us such as your name and email address. MapleX Naturals Inc. may provide links to other third-party sites that may collect registration information that requires Personal Information. However, MapleX Naturals Inc is not responsible for the collection and retention of any Personal Information on any third-party site.
- Purchases: At this time we do not allow you to make purchases on our Website. When you can we will provide notification in advance that we will collect the following information: e-mail address, billing address, mailing address, pseudonyms, phone number, IP address, personal preferences, group affiliations, payment and billing information. We may use third party freight providers to deliver your purchases, and accordingly we share your name, phone number, email address and shipping address with such providers for the purposes of completing your delivery. While we do not allow purchases on the Website at this time, this does not mean we are restricted from collecting any Personal Information described above for advertising, third party freight forwarders and for other purposes.
- Communications with us: When you contact us through email, through submitting a customer review product inquiry, survey, entering a contest, or by telephone, we may collect the information that you provide to us in the course of the communication to help respond to you or for purposes related to your communication (e.g. administering the survey or contest).
- Marketing Communications: If you opt-in to receive marketing communications from us, we will keep you up to date on our products and services. You may withdraw your consent to receiving marketing communications from us at any time by following the opt-out instructions in each communication, or by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Statistics: We also collect statistics about use of the Services or purchased made through the Website. This information will be kept confidential, however, aggregate statistics that do not personally identify an individual will be kept by us and such aggregate statistics may be made available to other members or third parties.
In most cases, we will collect personal information directly from you when you purchase or interact with us about a product or service that we offer or provide. Occasionally, we may collect personal information from a third party based on your consent or as otherwise permitted by law.
In what circumstances do we disclose and transfer Personal Information?
We may share Personal Information with our service providers (e.g. website hosting providers, eCommerce software providers, payment processors, email service providers, freight carriers, third party marketing platforms, advertising networks, and IT providers to help us improve the Website. as reasonably needed for them to provide the relevant services to us. Our servers and service providers may be located in Canada and outside of Canada (e.g. in the United States) and accordingly your Personal Information may be available to government or other agencies pursuant to the laws of the relevant jurisdictions.
Important Exceptions: We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties if we have reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other users of the Website or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities. We may also disclose Personal Information with your consent, or when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required or permitted by applicable law.
Security: The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We implement a variety of measures (such as technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security measures) which are designed to protect the Personal Information that we collect, including measures to limit access to information only to staff who need access to perform their employment duties.
Retention: We will keep your Personal Information for as long as it remains necessary for the identified purpose or as permitted or required by law, which may extend beyond the termination of our relationship with you. We may retain certain data as necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or for legitimate business purposes, such as analysis of aggregated, non-personally-identifiable data, account recovery, or if permitted or required by law.
Access and Accuracy: You have the right to request access to the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information in accordance with applicable law, subject to information which we are permitted or required to withhold.
We take steps to try to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date. You have a responsibility to ensure that your information is kept up to date, including using the features of the Website to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information as appropriate.
Contact Us: You can help by keeping us informed of any changes such as a change of address or telephone number. If you would like to request access to your information, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions of if you find any errors in our information about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: September 2021